Hepworth Band 1979

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ChrisHelme, Feb 12, 2015.

1. ChrisHelme

ChrisHelme Member

Here is another photo from the Look Record collection - Hepworth Band 1979 some familiar faces from 36 years ago... Solo Cornets Steven Pollitt, Stephen Lindley, Neville Golden and Paul Kippax - Soprano Michael Whitehead - Repiano Andrew Holmes - Flugel Horn Dale Knapton - 2nd Cornets Kenneth Haigh and Ben Sykes - 3rd cornets Gary Rushworth, Martin Walker, John Holmes and Simon Thewlis - Horns Tony Mitchell, Neville Kaye and Jillian Hellawell - Baritones Richard Holmes and Mathew Golden - Euphoniums Michael England and Steven Graham - Trombones Malcolm Smith, Graham Goldthorpe and Stephen Drew - Eb Bass Harold Hill, Roy Ashton and Owen Smith - Bb Bass Michael Drew and David Tinker - Percussion Chris Slater and Ian Mellor - MD: Peter Wadsworth B.Sc; BBCM.....

Hepworth Band MD Peter Wadsworth - 1979.jpg
  2. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

I can see Art Garfunkel, must have been during his less popular Brass Band phase.
  3. DS2014

DS2014 Active Member

Only one female player!!! At least some things have changed for the better!
  4. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Active Member

Yes, that was something I noticed too, looking at the old picture and then their website (http://www.hepworthband.com/members.html). However the old picture showed half a dozen youngsters yet now I expect that is rare, not everything has changed for the better ....