helping bands out

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by savewaterdrinkbeer, Nov 23, 2004.

1. On average how many bands do you play with, including your 1st band and all the bands you help out regularly?(is that spelt right) ??

For me its 7

2. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I love helping out other bands! At the moment I'd say I regularly play for/help out four bands (St Agnes, Pendennis Youth, Pendennis Senior and Lanner!) - but I've also played with St Austell/St Austell Youth a couple of times and Caharrick and St Day once, and I'd love to help them out again sometime!

I'll play for anyone!! (Preferably 2nd cornet :D!!)

3. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Likewise i'll help anyone out. Anything for a tootle, a few beers and a laugh!

Since last xmas i've played with 6 bands that i can remember.

All from across the banding spectrum and all fantastic people! :p

4. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

In the last fewyears i've helped out quite a few, oldham, whitworth, milnrow, blackley and a few scratch bands too!!!

5. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I don't know that I have been here long enough to help anybody out regularly, but I have helped out with about 1/2 dozen since I've been here.

6. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Always help anyone who asks me...

Done four contests this year with four different bands, my fifth will be this Sunday!!

Never Charge though!!!

7. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

There's 9 I help out regulary, but I'll play for anyone! if tMP bands included that makes 10! wow double figures

8. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Really Chris??? Must remember that..... ;)

I'll happily help anyone out - mainly on percussion at the moment as health problems make doing a full rehearsal or concert on cornet of flugel tricky.

This year I've helped out or played with 5 bands, but I'm always willing to help - if I can't I usually know someone who can!!

Rach x

9. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

I luv helpin out with different bands, the variety is very refreshin...
    i help out w/ 5 different bands at different occasions...it's tiring but i luv it!!!1

10. andyp

andyp Active Member

This year, 5 bands apart from my own (including Blackpool Tower Circus....which was nerve-wracking!), plus 2 others I was asked by but unable to go.

I doubt if there's another movement that helps each other out quite as much as we do - all the bands I've helped have also helped us out at some point during the year, so take a bow Banks Brass, Rivington+Adlington, Lostock Hall, Chorley Youth, Hesketh Bank, and anyone else I've forgotten!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    bands
    band
    helping bands
    average
  12. Not forgetting M&B at Pontins??

13. Trom41821

Trom41821 Member

Usually 2 mine and very ocassionally Florence (and of course tMP if I'm around!!)