Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Chris P, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Chris P

Chris P New Member

My first time in a forum. I don't know what to do...if anything!
  2. Go to the top of the page , click on "What's new" check the topics, pick one and join in.
  3. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Hi Chris P, welcome to tMP.

May I suggest you first of all browse through the forum guidelines, which you can find here . That's always a good practice whenever you join a forum, as it's easy to trip yourself up, if you don't know how the forum owner would like you to behave. The moderators on here are very tolerant, but there's no need accidentally to incur their wrath.

Then browse through some of the threads. You'll soon see who the current regular posters are and no doubt you'll form an opinion about them from the sorts of post they make.

You'll find a search box at the top right of the page. Type something in there that is of interest to you and see what results you get.

If you decide you'd like to join in a discussion, feel free. That's what it's all about, although some people join and hardly ever post. There's no compulsion. Be aware, though, that you can only edit your post within a 5 minute window. After that, it's there ad infinitum. It's very rare for the moderators to remove or edit posts in the discussion threads just for the asking. Although you might be replying to one particular member, everyone in the world can read what you write, if they so wish. I've lost count of the number of times I've constructed a reply, thought about it, thought about it some more, then not submitted it!

Apart from the 'serious' discussions, there are ongoing game threads. It might be a good idea to join in some of those first, just to practice using the site.

Finally (from me anyway), if you're have any difficulty in using the site, post a question. The members are usually pretty helpful and you'll probably get a swift reply.