Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by bagpuss, Oct 20, 2003.

1. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

I'm trying to find out if it's possible to buy the theme to 'Whickers World'. I am told it was arranged by Alan Catherall, but having searched as many brass band sites/publishing sites as I can think of, the piece doesn't seem to exist!!!! I would like to get it for Wem Band (sorry Roger, you have no choice!!), but as I've said, I can't find any reference to who publishes it anywhere.

Hope you can help

B. Puss esq
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

It was recorded by Ever Ready on their cd "Prince Bishops". When I get home tonight I'll check to see if it gives any publication details, although I do know that they play a number of his arrangements without them necessarily being published.
  3. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........ :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness ----------

A well balanced fruity, light coloured beer. First brewed for the 1987 Durham Beer Festival

Very nice beer, brewed by Big Lamp Brewers, available at The Keelman, Newburn, Newcastle Upon Tyne and direct from the Brewery at the same address.

Sorry, blatant plug over now!!!
  4. Railybobs

Railybobs Member

I have just checked Prince Bishops. the publisher seems to be M/s.

Does that mean anything to you?
  5. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

it could be in manuscript!!! :lol:
  6. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

or published by Microsoft! ;)
  7. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Thanks for the info. I was sure I'd played it but must have dreamt it in one of my less sober moments or something!!! Thanks anyway
  8. jambo

jambo Member

when we recorded it for the cd Prince Bishops i seam to remember that Wickers world was on manuscript.

Ask ever ready on their web and i'm sure Alan will run you one off for a hansome fee, maybe less.

happy hunting

See you at the weekend mate! Hope they have got plenty Desperados in!

10. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Yeh, m/s is manuscript. I found this when hunting down some Euph pieces. I just emailed the owner/ composer nicely and they sent me copies, some free, and some for a fee.
    Good luck with it.
  11. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Thanks for the info. Now, does anyone know how I can get in contact with Alan Catherall so I can plead with him?? Once again, most sites I've been to on the net don't even mention him and those that do don't have any contact details that I can get to at least.

Hope you can help

Mr Puss