Help With My Dissertation

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ogslam, May 14, 2009.

1. ogslam

ogslam New Member

Hi all,

I'm currently and undergraduate at Lancaster University studying geography. I've recently had to pick my dissertation subject and have managed to link it in with brass bands. I am interested in looking into the identity that people feel around the brass band movement. I would just like for people to just write a few thoughts of what they feel it is like to be a bandsman and if there are any things that make up the identity of bandsmen and women.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

If you post below could you possibly add which band you play in an what instrument.

cheers Sam

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Help With My Dissertation
    geography
    all
    undergraduate
    Lancaster University
  3. ogslam

ogslam New Member

What does it mean to be a bands person?

my last thread didnt get any replies so thought i would try again. my dissertation is looking into the identity surrounding the brass movement and the identity of being part of a band. so, what do all feel about being part of a band, and is the typical steriotype of northern beer drinking men still true?

Edit: No need to start a new thread for it though - especially only 24 hours later!

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2009
  4. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Hi ogslam

As people may well have conflicting/contoversial views on this, you may get a better response if you post a list of questions and ask people to PM you their answers?

People on this foum are generally very willing to help people with dissertations etc - but your terms for a response are a bit vague at the moment.

5. I would be glad to help, but the brass band I am MD is so vastly different than the standard British Brass Band. Can I help?