Help with music publishers

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by brassmaid, Jan 2, 2005.

1. brassmaid

brassmaid New Member

I need to finde the publisher of.

1: Air Varie, arr Fernie, euph solo
    2: Tallis Prelude, Peter Graham

If you dont know the publisher but a place where they sell it that will do fine. Hope u can help

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Peter Graham is easy... he publishes his own music... www.gramercymusic.com

Just looking for the other piece for ya... (google, by the way is a good place to look) which is what I'm doing.... ;-)

3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

mmmmm... this other piece I've found various publishers, but they dont make it clear who actually arranged some of them, so dunno if it's Fernie's or not... (Manu Publishers, for one.. cant find a website for them to check on arranger)
    Fodens have played it.... try PMing one of the players....
    Phil Green.... or foxyflug i think are usernames... They'll defo help if no1 else knows a publisher :)

4. lister89

lister89 Member

Banks & Son Music Ltd. would be able to order it for you, they're really helpful at tracking down the exact arrangement you want. I don't have a web address but their number is 01904-658836

5. choirmaster

choirmaster Member

Even though Peter Graham has his own publishing company (Gramercy) I'm sure that the Tallis prelude (don't remember it's proper title) was published by SP&S about 3 years ago.

6. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

That is correct, choirmaster.
    The brass band version was published by us in The Salvation Army Festival Series Brass Band Journal and is called Prelude on Tallis. It's not currently on the World of Brass website but if you email or PM me then we can sort out how to get a set to you.

Incidentally, Peter has also done a version for wind band which he calls Intrada (On A Theme by Tallis) which is published by his own company, Gramercy, the details of which are mentioned in an earlier post in this thread.