Help with Motorola V220!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by strongbow, Aug 10, 2006.

1. strongbow

strongbow Member

I'm not very good with these new fangled gismo's, give me a pen and paper anyday!!

I tried to set up my phone yesterday for web browsing and to accept MMS, however I have now done something which has stopped me accessing my In-box:oops:. Serves me right for trying to join the 21st century :lol:

If anyone has one of these phones any chance you could either email or PM me with the settings to be able to read the messages in my inbox.

2. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Um, i have a sim only contract, so everytime i get a new phone i need to phone o2 to get the MMS and GPRS settings sent to my phone.

Phone your network provider?!
  3. strongbow

strongbow Member

I did, they emailed me the instructions and when I tried to follow them it all went wrong and I don't know what I have done!
  4. sugarandspice

The constructions didnt work when they emailed them to me either!
    Phone them, tell them they are pants and that you want to sort it over the phone. Listen closely tho cos i can never understand a word they are saying.......i think they must be gordie or something! ;)
  5. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Go to a Carphone Warehouse and say you bought the phone from one of their stores and that you can't set it up. There is always someone there who wants to show how much of a mobile phone wizz they are and they will set it up for free. Worked for me!
  6. sugarandspice

Even if you didnt actually buy it from there?
  7. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Yep, I just went in and said that i'd bought the phone from the Bradford branch (i was in hull at the time) and I was having snags setting up the mms etc, they never asked for any receipts or anything.

They normally have at least 1 salesperson who loves showing how good they are on the tech side of it. 5 minutes later it was done
  8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

But if you do go to the store to do this, best not say they are 'pants' as this might not get you the level of service you may require... ;)
  9. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

What, you mean someone from north of Dartmoor? :rolleyes: :tongue:

If you were calling a customer service helpline, they were more likely to be in Bombay than Newcastle!

Good tip taking it into Carphone Warehouse though - I would never have thought of that myself! :clap:
  10. sugarandspice

Hmmm, im not so sure tho, I did go in one lunch time when i was particulary annoyed with my phone and simply said "My phone is Cr*p and its really p*ss*ng me off!" They were most helpful then! ;)

I can't help it that everywhere is north from me! I quite like it actually.....makes me feel special because i don't talk funny! :p

Seriously tho, I'm sure it was a UK based call centre. I just hang up on the ones from bombay cos i dont stand a chance of understanding them. I spent 10 minutes trying to the convince one bloke i didnt live in "Newquay"............Turns out he was asking me if i lived in "the UK" :(
  11. strongbow

strongbow Member

Went into Carphone Warehouse and you were right, a little man took my phone and messed around with it for about 20 mins then gave it me back. He said I would get a text shortly that would set up my phone.

Well, I waited for 3 days and nothing. Then I decided that I would go on there website to contact them but didn't need to. On their website you can get the settings for your mobile sent direct to your phone, it was sooooo easy, wish I had found it earlier.

Thanks for your help guys.:clap: