Help with Czech Translation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by tubafran, Jul 1, 2005.

1. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Hi, does anyone on here read Czech - I've just received an email in Czech about a request to perform in Pilsen on our annual tour.

I've tried to find on-line translation machines but can find Chinese and plenty of other languages but no Czech. The text is as follows:

Dobrý den,
    prosím o vyřízení části dotazu z mailu viz níže. Mimo jiné se tazatel ptá na nutná povolení ke hraní (asi koncert) na nám. Republiky a kde takové povolení získá. Prosím o kopii odpovědi na mou adresu.
    Paní Tumovcová, je mi jasné, že tento dotaz nesměřuje na Vás, ale předpokládám, že budete vědět komu ho předat k vyřízení. díky

S úctou

and

Dobrý den, chce-li někdo povolit koncert na náměstí Republiky, jedná se o povolení zvláštního užívání místní komunikace, které povoluje zdejší odbor jako silniční správní úřad. S pozdravem Petr Baloun - Odbor výstavby a dopravy ÚMO Plzeň 3.

I've posted this on Virtual Tourist tour which has a separate forum for the Czech Republic and there are English speaking Czech on there - but I'm sure a tMPers might come up with a translation.

2. Di

Di Active Member

Using this website, I came up with:

Sweet day , on someone's knees within vyízení ásti query out of mailu see see below. Without jiné to questioner ptá within nutná relaxation with steel edge ( aromatically concert ) within upstairs. Republic plus where takové relaxation acquisitions. On someone's knees within transcript odpovdi within mou superscripts. Madams Tumovcová , them me get the picture , that hither query nesmuje within You , however pedpokládám , that budete vdt whom him pedagogue make for vyízení. due to Faithfully yours and Sweet day chce li nkdo slacken concert within námstí Republic , negotiation to within relaxation special usage vernacular communication které povoluje zdejší section like highway administrative úad. With love Peter Balloon Section construction plus haulage ÚMO Plze 3.
    :rolleyes:

3. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

I'll try and translate this tonight for you. Sadly, I'm a little out of practise so I need my dictionary.

Sam

4. englishgill

englishgill Member

Hi,

I've a Czech colleague and she translated this as follows:

5. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

And that lovely word "pivo" appears nowhere. Seems surprising re: a Killamarsh tour!! ;)

6. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Superb - I go out for 2 hours come back and get this excellent translation - now just need to contact the Highways Authority to get the permission - anyone know their email address?

7. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Ah yes we are having a "dry" run in the Lakes Friday 22 to Sunday 24 July - Carlisle Saturday am and Keswick Sunday lunch. Camping field available or kip down in grotty cottage.

Will we see you there and we can discuss the relative merits of Budvar, Staropramen and Urquel Pilsner? - that's "pivo" to those now fluent in Czech.

8. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

It's already in my diary. Not that I ever check my diary though.

Dám si jedno pivo prosím

9. Where you going all over the czech republic?

i've been to a town called kutna hora which would be a good place for a concert.

they have got church made out of human bones which is brilliant

10. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I can say "Budwar"...that's all I know, but I'll I'd probably need to know ;)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    font
    color
    Czech Translation
    size
    Czech Republic
  12. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Yep that's on our itenary also Pilsen (as above) they have a brewery (we will be visiting) and Karlovy Vary, which is a spa town and we have a concert booked by there by the local orchestra - and three days playing in Prague - Old Town Square, Castle and by the river Vltava (composed by Smetana). There is a Brass Band Contest on the last day at which we will be supporting any British Bands that are performing in the Bohemian Brass Contest.

13. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Can't wait. If its anything like the last 2 tours Killamarsh have done it should be great.