Help where Advanced Search doesn't give me what I'm looking for

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by BrianT, Jan 1, 2007.

1. BrianT

BrianT Member

I remember reading a tMP posting a while ago from someone saying they'd made hundreds of arrangements over the years, but never (or hardly ever) had to pay a fee because of the covering letter they'd sent to the publisher.

I'd like to find this post, but I can't remember what thread it was in, who posted it, abd I can't remember enough of the content to do a search on a quoted string.

Can someone point me at the post please?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    hundreds
    search
    someone
    string
    thread
  3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I think it was BeattheSheep...

4. BrianT

BrianT Member

Close but no cigar

Can you be more specific? What I remember is the post said that if you emphasised the fact that the arrangement would never be recorded and so on the publishers would just nod it through. But the Advanced Search feature brings up the entire thread, rather than just those individual posts containing the word "recording". It's too blunt a search, I think. I also tried the Google Advanced search, restricting the search to tMP (neat) but that gives so many hits I can't refine it to something useful.

5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

You can search within the thread itself. There's an option on the bar immediately above the first post on each page.

6. gawber

gawber Active Member