Help us out?

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Ozzielover, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Ozzielover

Ozzielover New Member

Bretforton Silver Band.

We are an old village 4th section non-competitioning band,we love to make music,please an audience and have fun.

We are currently looking for an Eb and a Bb Bass player to help us out at the Whit Friday marches,we did them for the first time last year, and although we didn't rate anywhere we got some good crits,played well and had a great day out.:clap:

In general we are always looking for new players to join us as we believe in encouraging people to keep the movement alive, so if you are just in the near vicinity and fancy a blow on a thursday night, get in contact with me and come along...

On a slightly different note; i am looking for some nice Eb bass solos to play as i am sick of playing the likes of Mein Bass, Tuba Smarties,Bass in the Ballroom,and if i have to play the Bombastic Bombardon i might have to commit Hari kari!!!!! ;)
    I would like to challenge myself with something that "needs to be sung" any ideas????????????????????

please get in contact with me Rachel Scott at;
    or 07814513463
  2. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

I might be able to help, how are you doing the contests?

staying over up there?

going up by car?

going up by coach?

3. KenIrvin

KenIrvin Member

If you want a bit of simple fun try Elephant Act from A Circus Suite by Stuart Johnson or Gallop from A Concert Suite by Ray Woodfield (Hallamshire Music)
  4. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

We have several solos for Eb Bass and Band on our website including the popular Nellie the Elephant!
  5. David Mann

David Mann Member

Celestial Morn (Leslie Condon) is as lyrical as I've heard.
  6. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

he wipes the tear! Probably on a par lyrical wise!
  7. bassendworld

bassendworld Member

Pleasing your audience in one post
    Nellie the Elephant in another

Reccomendation: The perfect mix according to my audiences