Help ! Score for Cornish Cavalier

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Teenibeen, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Teenibeen

Teenibeen Member

We are playing the Cornish Cavalier march at a contest in two weeks and cant locate a score for it anywhere. Is there any kind bands folk out there who has one we could borrow ? It was published by Wright and Round who are unavailable by phone for the next week and other music sources cant get us one either.

Thanks in advance for any help

Kat x :p

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    :p
    Kat
    Cornish Cavalier
    Wright
    Round
  3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

I'm sure I'll be corrected here, but as far as I can remember there has never been a score to Cornish Cavalier, unless it has has been updated recently and re-printed.
    For Marches, it is generally acceptable to provide a Solo Cornet part for an adjudicator in circumstances where a full score doesn't exist.

;)

4. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

There is a score - W&R updated and re-set a number of classic marches a while ago including Cornish Cavalier, Castell Coch, Raveswood to name but three.

5. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I've played from that! great little march book!
    Have you found one yet?

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I've ducted this may times and always worked from the Solo Ct part. Never seen a score of this.

7. Teenibeen

Teenibeen Member

No havent had any luck yet getting a score so if anyone knows anyone with one id be eternally greatfull !Think we should be ok with a solo cornet part if it comes to that but think a full score would be better even just for the last few rehearsals where our conductor can dig things out.

Kat :D x

8. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

There certainly is one at least that I know of. It's very old and hand-written by the composer himself, and resides in the library of Newquay band in Cornwall, the band which it was composed for. Now whether or not they hire it out..... :)