Help Save Big Momma Badger

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Nanny Ogg, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

I know that Big Momma Badger is very worried about the cull of badgers and the fact that all her sett and others will be wiped out. Please go to http://www.rspca.org.uk
    and follow the instructions to the page that tells you how to voice your opposition.

Do it for BMB bless her paws

2. NeilW

NeilW Member

Our badgers are safe (in the wood)!

They've been trying to blame bovine TB on badgers for nearly 40 years now! When I was a child, my parents place (also!) had a badgers set and we got fed up with the 15 or so inhabitants digging everything up, so the Min of Ag came and took half a dozen (or so) of them away to "reasearch boving TB transmission"....

Neil.

3. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Many thanks to Nanny for getting this up so quickly. I've already added my paws-worth of email to the campaign.
    The sheer hypocrisy of a government who can ban fox-hunting on one hand, then advocate mass slaughter of badgers on the other is astonishing.
    Besides if I get culled I won't be playing at Blackpool...
    BMB
    xx

4. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

BMB don't worry I have a cunning human outfit for you to disguise yourself in. Unforetunately we may have to shave some of your fur to get you pasted the Ministry of Ag hitmen.

5. bigmamabadger

No! Not the fur!
    BMB
    xx

6. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Alright, leave her a 'brazillian'! ;)
    And my letter(email) of complaint is sent.

7. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

BMB - We'll leave the fur and dye the stripe. That blue was rather fetching last time.

Thanks everyone for visiting the RSPCA website, pass the URL to others please.

8. bigmamabadger

Frankly Rapier, I am speechless. :eek: (A thing which doesn't often happen.)
    But thank you for your support.
    BMB
    xx

9. bigmamabadger

Frankly Rapier, I am speechless. :eek: (A thing which doesn't often happen.)
    But thank you for your support.
    BMB
    xx

10. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

There are sooooooo many comments I could make about this thread in relation to brazilians, stripes, fur, badgers etc etc. However, this is a family forum and every single one of them would be moderated quite heftily I feel, so therefore I'll say nothing but leave you with the notion that I have seen the badger carted off in a 'wildebeest'

Puss

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Big Momma Badger
    Save Big Momma Badger
    cull
    badgers
    others
  12. julestools

julestools Active Member

Badgers. Vermine. Spent to much time repairing badger damaged lawn to have any sympathy. :mad: Make a good job of turning over the compost heap though.

Death is a little severe as a punishment though. Thrash them and send them to bed, I say (without any tea)

xx

Jules

13. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

I think a certain badger may enjoy that a little too much for it to be classed as punishment.
    :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Puss