Help Required

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by stephen2001, Feb 13, 2006.

1. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

I'm currently in the middle of doing a broadcast journalism course in Brighton and I need some help from some kind souls! :)

My task for this week is to produce a 5 minute feature on anything to do with music, so I've chosen Brass Bands.

In my feature, I shall be tackling two stereotypes.........

Firstly, that it's a "Northern thing" and secondly that youngsters have no interest in banding.

I'm after a couple of people who I can talk to about brass banding in the South (preferably Sussex, but any Southern Counties will do).

The first person I'd like to be an experienced bandsperson who I'll talk to about the popularity of banding in the south, both in terms of the number of players available in the area, and the audiences that Southern bands get at concerts.

The second I'd like to be a younger person who I'll talk to about why they started playing, and why they enjoy banding.

If you're interested in helping, then drop me a PM or email or MSN & I'll get back to you with a bit more information.

If there's enough demand & I get chance, I'll put onto my website.

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

2. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

good luck with this Steve - I'm sure you will get lots of information from tMPers:biggrin: