Help required with Mac/MSN please

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by I iNNoCeNt EyEs I, Jun 20, 2006.

1. I hope I'm allowed to ask this on here *looks around* No objections? Ok then :tongue:. I've got a Mac aswell, and has ANYONE any idea how the heck I can download proper MSN/Real Player etc.. Everytime I try the things will download, but then when I click on them to open them it either says something about not being able to run it, or, the icon appears in the tool bar for a second, and then disappears never to be seen again. :( Heeeellllpppp.
  2. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I'm a MAC user too!
    Have you got OS X?

If so make sure it is a .dmg file you are downloading, then when the download manager tells you that the program has downloaded open it. An icon should appear, you have to drag and drop this into the application file and then run it from there. Alternatively you can drag and drop it inot the dock at the bottom and start the program up from there

Hope this helps!
  3. After reading that.. I think I shall get my Dad to do it! lol. I've always had PC's up untill now.. cos my dad's brought his printing business home, so he uses Mac's for the designing and everything.. So none of that makes sense to me!

Thanks anyway, Roy!
  4. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

MACs are a lot easier to download and install programmes than PCs, I'm glad I made the switch.
  5. Hollie

Hollie Member

Noooo I hate my mac, I got OS X aswell and its really sluggish and annoying and I've only got msn messenger lke 5 or something, really rubbish, cnt view webcam or cool emotions, or is there a place that I can get the newer version xx
  6. Atleast you can get MSN! I have to use which is utter rubbish! I've found out tonight that on my Mac, the OS X system we're on isn't high enough to support even the crappest MSN! Soooo.. looks like I'm sticking to web based for now! :(
  7. NeilW

NeilW Member

Get your dad to go shopping on eBay!

Something like eBay item 9742204972 might be a useful investment - its OSX 10.2/Jaguar.. or maybe 9740779034 or 8830964294 which are 10.3.x (Panther).

Seems a reasonable price....

8. Funnily enough, he's on his way to collect one that he bought on eBay! But, we have a huge desk, which has 2 computers on it, this one with the internet connection, and the other one is for my dads work, which the new one is going to replace. So... he won't let me get the internet on that one.. I just want a PC! :(