Help required- I can't work this thing!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Jamie, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Jamie

Jamie Member

Am sure this is me being a muppet, and completely computer illiterate, but am having issues!
    I can't find threads I know I've replied to, and that I know are not closed...

I thought at one stage there were obviously more threads than would appear on one page, but the little button (if I didn't imagine it) to view the rest of them has disappeared! poof!

My hotmail account is constantly full of emails telling me that someone's replied to a thread I'd subscribed to, but unless I click the link there, I can't find the thread at all.

Can anybody put me out of my misery?! [​IMG]

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Help
    issues
    thread
    muppet
    thing
  3. Di

Di Active Member

If you click on your name, there's a "find more posts by" and it will list all your posts. :p

Last edited: Feb 20, 2005
  4. Jamie

Jamie Member

But why aren't the threads just there?! Surely I dont have to search for them all the time?! I've not got the patience for that, I'd just stop posting... God, this is just a conspiracy to get rid of me!! You could just have said!:oops:

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Are you subscribed to the threads...? If you are, simply clicking on UserCP>List Subscriptions will show all threads to which you are subscribed.

6. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Jamie, if you go to your UserCP and then choose "Edit Options" and then scroll down to "Thread Display Options" then you should see a section which looks something like this: (screenshot shows clean version)

It sounds like yours is set to one day or something similar... just change it to a longer period, save the settings and hey presto the posts should reappear.

Attached Files:

7. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

^ What Kirsty said....

8. euphybeast

euphybeast Member

I think I had the same problem for a while!

If you click on "Home", you will find a list of all the discussion topics.

9. dyl

dyl Active Member

Not strictly true. You wil lsee the 6 latest News Items along with the 8 latest discussion topics. Take Kirsty's advice (above) ;)

10. euphybeast

euphybeast Member

That's the bit you come to through the portal. Home shows more than that.

11. dyl

dyl Active Member

Only on the tMP 3.03 skin - on the others 'Home' takes you to the Portal.

Jamie - here's the link that takes you directly to the Forum index: http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/index.php? - but unless you follow Kirsty's advice above, you may only get threads and posts from the last n days. You need to change your setting in the User CP in order to see posts from further back.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Help
    issues
    thread
    muppet
    thing
  13. Jamie

Jamie Member

Thanks guys, I think we've cracked it... I've now got about six million threads so it needs a tweak, but am on the right track! Will give it a few days and see what happens... watch this space!!

Thanks again! [​IMG]