Help regarding rules for borrowing please

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by caramelbunny, Oct 13, 2008.

1. caramelbunny

caramelbunny Member

Quick question regarding the rules for borrowing players.....

I'm not really playing at the moment, but so that I could do the odd job for people I am registered with a band.
    I'm due to be borrowed by another band for Pontins, however I learned yesterday that the band I am actually registered with are to cease to exist in the next few days.
    Does anyone know whether this will effect me being able to be borrowed?
    I don't wish to sign for the borrowing band.

Anybody any thoughts? :confused:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    question
    band
    job
    Anybody
    rules
  3. Di

Di Active Member

I think the best people to answer this are the organisers themselves. Try giving Frank Hodges a ring. He's a very nice chap and I'm sure he'll be able to help you. :)

4. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Phone the registry for clarification but I would have thought that you would become a free agent and able to sign for any band you wish to.

5. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

You have to be registered with someone for anyone else to borrow you - if the band is folding, it may be they don't cancel their cards for a while so you'll be ok, but otherwise you'll need to register with someone else (either the band you're playing with, or a band with the same or lower grading) pdq - there is still time.

Find out from your registered band if your card is still valid (and if it is then how long it will stay that way!) then call or email Frank - like Di said, he is lovely and will always do his best to help.

6. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

http://www.bbbr.co.uk/assets/RegistryRules.pdf

Rule 22 - Page 4
    If a band ceases to exist, the band Secretary shall send all registration cards by post DIRECT to the Registry. The cards and registrations will then be cancelled by the Registry and the cards returned to the band Secretary.

7. Accidental

I know that rule, but if the band in question is just in the process of winding up, it may be that their cards can stay valid until next Monday :wink:

8. caramelbunny

caramelbunny Member

Excellent, thanks for all advice guys :tup

I like your thinking too Accidental, will try see if I can find out how fast they intend to return cards etc as that could avoid any issues.

Can anyone point me in the direction of Frank's contact details please? Not being a band sec I have no idea where to even start getting this kind of info :confused:

Whilst I'm on a roll with the questions, when my current band do fold what happens there regarding 'release' of players? Would I automatically be free to sign elsewhere since they are no longer in existance or would I have to see out any time restrictions placed on how many times you can transfer in a 12 month period?

Just preping my next thread now to find another suitably accomodating band looking for part-timers :rolleyes: lol

9. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Now that is not made clear in the rules. My own personal view is that you would be regarded as a new registration, albeit with an existing card. In such a case I would think it harsh if a move from a defunct band was counted in the "two moves in a twelve month period".

As has been said before contact Frank at the registry as he will be able to answer all of your questions.

http://www.bbbr.co.uk/mainpages/Contact.htm

10. musicmaker01

musicmaker01 New Member

I would say if your other band is due to close stay faithfull to them however if its no more theres no harm in moving bands why not go where they need you most.

11. Accidental

the 12 month thing doesn't apply here - see rules 22 & 23:
    If a band ceases to exist all cards and registrations will be cancelled. If your card is cancelled in this way, you can register with a new band and it "will NOT be regarded as a move". :)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    question
    band
    job
    Anybody
    rules
  13. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Quite correct Alex. I should have read a little further. :)

14. caramelbunny

caramelbunny Member

That's all excellent news! Thanks to everyone who's replied, it's been really helpful :clap:

Have put borrowing band committee on the case of contacting Frank so fingers crossed there. Waiting on news of when current band will actually cease to exist. Will keep people posted here on outcome for future reference.

I take the point about going where I'm needed most...am gona put thinking cap on now and see if I can find another band willing to take me on with similar terms to my current one :rolleyes: