HELP- Red Carol Books! AND Red Hymn books.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Aveley and Newham Band, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Does anyone out there have a spare set of the red New Christmas Praise Christmas Carol books?

If not a full set, then I'd be interested in taking (or borrowing) the following off your hands: 3x Solo Cornet, 3x 2nd Cornet, 1x1st Horn, 1x 2nd Horn, 1x Baritone, 1x Euphonium, 1x 1st Trombone, 1x Eb Bass, 1x Bb Bass.

Please contact me on secretary@aveleyandnewhamband.co.uk in order that we can negotiate prices!

While we're at it... I'm also looking for a replacement set of Red Hymn books. Anyone able to assist? Please contact me if so.

Many thanks.

2. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

FWIW, if you're looking for a set of books for a reduced band (guessing here!), the scoring of these books is such that, IMO, there's little point using the trombone parts unless you have a complete section of 'bones. If you only have one trom, you're better off having him/her/it double the Baritone part.

Sorry, can't actually help with your original request.

3. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

The carol books can be purchased from S.P & S. They are also easily locatable on Ebay. Just search for Christmas Praise Brass