Help Please

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by weemarky, Mar 18, 2008.

1. weemarky

weemarky Member

I'm in one of those moods this morning and I'm listening to various testpieces.

I'm looking for a recording for download of St Magnus by Kenneth Downie. I've searched iTunes and World of Brass but to no avail (sp?)

Any help appreciated.

Marky

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    St Magnus
    Kenneth Downie
    Marky
    iTunes
    World of Brass
  3. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

europeans 2004, dvd or cd etc.
    I think the winners were quite good.

edit, didnt see to download.
    doubt it'll be around as the bocs only tend to have the oldies or brassed off soundtrack.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  4. weemarky

weemarky Member

yeah the only thing i can find is the last 50 seconds on you tube!

you mustve been blowing out your *** on the last note mate!!!

5. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Sorry, but St Magnus is not available on World of Brass Tunes at this time.
    However, there are some cracking recordings of it on CD.

You might want to think about YBS at the 2004 European Brass Band Championships, that's the performance you've seen a bit of on YouTube.
    The DVDs have sold out but you can still get the CD.
    The same performance appears on Now That's What I Call Brass Volume 2. Ignore the track list on the CD, it is definatley YBS and not Buy As You View as it shows.

If you want a recording of Buy As You View then you can hear it on Day of the Dragon and see it on British Open 2004.

To my knowledge, the only studio recording so far is by the ISB on St Magnus.

I hope this helps and gives you some options.

6. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Marky, Steven Gray at the SBBA may still have some of the 2004 European CD and DVD's for sale.

7. weemarky

weemarky Member

Thanks for all your replies guys. It dawned on me a few hours later that I already have the DVD of the Europeans in Glasgow and have spent the rest of the afternoon listening to it!

Thanks again,

Marky

8. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Yes, you really are a natural blond aren't you!! :lol: Be good in Luxembourg and don't lead wee Al astray.........
    or u know what'll happen!:hammer You have been warned! ;)

9. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

yabb yabb

10. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

I have the BAYV Band recording of the whole cd and I remember someone saying about the recording not being the right performance!! I listened again and angain to that recording and came to the conclusion that it was YBS, worts and all!! There was no mistaking their sound!!

11. weemarky

weemarky Member

Diane... would I? ;) Anyway it's Al you should be warning about leading me astray! I'm the young and innocent one with the baby face after all!!!! ;)

Might see you tomorrow night. I meant to come last night but something came up last minute.

Marky

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    St Magnus
    Kenneth Downie
    Marky
    iTunes
    World of Brass
  13. MrsC

MrsC Member

£50 for a lift aint bad eh? ;)

14. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

I remember band being fairly amused at the time, since the two band sounds were so different!

15. weemarky

weemarky Member

aye. left the house at the bak o 9 an got bak at half 3!!

was a nice night for a drive tho! lol

16. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Ye what?????

17. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

I'll no be there cos I am at work (the place where I do my best mouthpieceyness)!! Young and Innocent and Baby-faced? Can think of another 4 words.... Aye... Right.... ma..... a**e!!! :pig

18. weemarky

weemarky Member

You have such a low opinion of me Diane! :(

And the 50 quid was because my mate from work asked me to pick him up in Stranraer an give him a lift to glasgow airport!

19. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

How very dare you?!?:mad: U know I love u!;) Just love it when Karen goes on and does her one line wonder posts!! Seemed a bit of a random statement (which is what she does best). And made no sense (also her speciality). U still lovin me? :dunno :roll:

20. weemarky

weemarky Member

Yeah of course Di! How could I possibly not?

You're right actually those are both Karen's specialities. I tend not to notice them as much after sitting next to her for years!

21. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

She does it on purpose on here...... she call's it " hit and run"!:lol:

22. weemarky

weemarky Member

Lol. That lassie is on her own planet!!!