Help on mouth piece change

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by The Real Trebor, Aug 24, 2005.

  1. The Real Trebor

    The Real Trebor New Member

    Hello one and all,

    I’m currently playing solo horn and was thinking about changing my mouth piece but wanted to canvas peoples opinions as to what I should try out. I’m currently playing on a wicks size 2 and am thinking of going large in an attempt to further enhance the quality of my tone. Any ideas / suggestions?


  2. HorniKaz

    HorniKaz Supporting Member

    I used to play on a D Wick number 3 for many many years but changed to a number DW number 2 about 2 years ago. Seeing as thats the largest one DW does, I assume you'll be changing brand. Can't help you much but my ex-MD said that DW2s were the best!
  3. HBB

    HBB Active Member

    I'm currently using a DW3.. and really want to change to a DW2, just to help my lower register!
  4. The Real Trebor

    The Real Trebor New Member

    Yer I know that feeling! On a size 3 my register ends at about C above top C hence why I moved onto a size 2. At least the size 2 stops me at about A above top C but considering the highest I have ever had to play in a peace of music is E above top C I might as well go larger to further enhance the quality of tone.