Help needed please

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by janj, Sep 6, 2008.

1. janj

janj New Member

Hey I'm doing my GCSEs and need help on my music coursework.

One of the questions asks me "to research a number of sources; explain a wide range of repertoire available for your instrument, referring to specific examples." My instrument is the Euphonium. I have already made a start to research this but would like to know other peoples views or can point me into the right direction. Any help is much appreciated. :D
  2. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

If you are in a band, which I suppose you must be, a look in the band library for Euphonium solos would be a start, next of course would be a look at music suppliers, again looking for solo pieces in their lists.
  3. janj

janj New Member

Thanks for the advice and if you have any more tips please write back
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

You could also look at Steven Mead's website, which includes a very comprehensive list of repertoire:

Regarding the range of repertoire, you could also look at various categories, such as solo with brass band; solo with wind band; solo with orchestra; solo with piano; the euphonium in the orchestra; chamber music featuring euphonium etc
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  5. janj

janj New Member

Thankyou for the advice and if you have any more tips obout this please write back.
    Are you aware of and recordings of workshops i can gat hold of? If you have heard of any please tell me.