Help Needed Please

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by aimee_euph, Mar 6, 2007.

1. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

I know this is a busy time for everyone but I need your help.

For my University course, i need to produce a portfolio regarding a topical subject. I began with Racism, but soon realised that it was too sensitive a subject to question people about.

So here I am - I decided to choose gun crime as a topic in wake of the recent gun amnesty.

Basically, I need a few genuine 'stories' from real people to base an article around. You can post on this thread, or just PM if it is too personal. Everything is treated in confidence, I just need a few stories to base an article arund. It will not be published, and the only people to see it will be me and my tutor. And possibly a moderator, but names will be changed if you want them to.

So my question is -
    Do you have experience of gun crime? Have you or someone you know been affected by it? Do you know someone who owns a gun?

Thankyou...hope you can help!
  2. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I spent 20 years in the Met Police Firearms Unit, so the answer to your questions are, yes, yes and yes. If I can help further feel free to PM me. :)
  3. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

Right never mind the public opinion of guns... just gonna wang that bit with what I have!! :S

how about teachers and the threat of bringing violence into schools?

Do you think there is a gang culture in today's schools?

Are you concerned with the gang culture if it is present in your school?

Do you think students bring weapons (incl. guns and anything else) into school?

If you want to PM me that's fine, just let me know whereabout your school is and ill keep information confidential. It would be a huuuuge help if you all reply...please!!!!