HELP NEEDED- Manchester locals!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sparkling_quavers, Feb 17, 2004.

1. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Since it is half-term my mum, sister, bro and niece have decided to come up and pay me a visit on Wednesday. Has anybody got any suggestions to where to take them???? bearing in mind my brother is 17 and my niece is nearly 5 :?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    locals
    Manchester
    bro
    anybody
    mind
  3. shedophone

shedophone Member

Salford Quays has some nice stuff, museums, cafes, shops, scenery, but i'm not sure your 17 year old brother would think too much of it.
    there are some nice parks if its a nice day, Wythenshaw, Dunham massey, Alderley Edge (you could show your bro where david Beckham lived... :roll: )
    Apart from that theres always the trafford centre, or somewhere like camelot?

4. sparkling_quavers

ah thanks for the ideas have taken my niece and sister to dunham park before. We also live 5 mins drive from the trafford centre but I dont think that would be on the cards with a 5 year old and a 17 year old lad :shock:

5. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

The pub all afternoon....my daughter has always loved that :guiness:

6. sparkling_quavers

trust you to suggest that :wink: :wink: :wink:

7. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

Museum of Science and industry has plenty for all ages. also near to cinemas for the evening.

8. sparkling_quavers

oops should have said have taken them to the science museum before..........
    am really stuck now :cry:

9. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Go to Chester for the day...lovely place, nice shopping, nice boat trip on the river and if you're really lucky you might see them filming Jollyoaks and only about 40minutes away.

10. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Urbis museum thingie
    Bowling and arcade (Trafford Centre)
    Cinema
    The Manchester Museum (Oxford Road)
    Whitworth Art Gallery (Oxford Road)
    There's a pool with flumes and stuff called Grand Central in Stockport- loadsa fun (but loadsa brats cos it's half term)
    Dry Ski Slopes (Runcorn)

I sound like a tour guide for Manchester but I had to entertain people for a week so had loadsa plans to please everyone!

OR

**one of them wacky warehouses where you can leave the kid and everyone else can get hammered while the kid's in the play area**