help needed in decorating

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by super_sop, May 2, 2004.

1. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Well its time to decorate the front room again. My loverly wife has decided that rather than painting the walls its time for me to do some wall papering.
    AAAAAAAAAarrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!

Can somebody tell me were to start?
    Do i start in the middle of the wall so i can get it straight, and have a nice run in till i have to tackle a corner :?
    Do i start in the center of the fire place so that the join isnt in the middle or off the center?

If it were up to me id get someone in to do it, but ohhhhhhhhhh noooooooooo you can do it craig its easy (yer right!)

anyway please HELP :cry:

p.s is amythist (thats light purple to us fellas) the right colour for a ceiling :?: :eek:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    wife
    somebody
    wall papering
    join
    wall
  3. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

No idea about wallpapering Craig (start at the top and do it slowly?!!) but can I come and watch you try for the first time, I have an image of you and reams of wallpaper and mess :twisted: !

4. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Only if you are a Brighouse supporter!

Here's a link that should help you with your decorating.

http://www.bozzle.com/i_PHmain.html

:wink:

Edit: I remember seeing a gents toilet in a posh London Hotel decorated with old piano sheet music. They had just randomly pasted it on and then varnished over it. By the time I had finished reading the music I'd ****** all down the front of my trousers. Anyway, you could take all the cheesey music from the bands library and paste it above the fireplace. It would certainly be a talking point.

Edit 2: There's probably enough cheesey music in there to decorate the entire house!

5. super_sop

your more than welcome. dont forget to bring some paint brushes and stuff!

6. Di

Di Active Member

Get the misses to do it! :lol: :wink: That's what we do in our 'ouse. :evil:

7. super_sop

thanks Roger

8. super_sop

OH chrickey no!! :!: :!: watching her paint is painfull enough! :!:

9. Di

Di Active Member

Ah, but painting and papering are two entirely different talents ...... :roll: An' instead of watching, you could be doing the ironing! :twisted:

10. super_sop

wasssat then :?:

11. Di

Di Active Member

http://www.ehow.com/how_4180_iron-shirt.html

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    wife
    somebody
    wall papering
    join
    wall
  13. super_sop

i dont need anyhelp with ironong, i have magic shirts that do themselves :lol:

14. Di

Di Active Member

If you know where to get magic shirts, then get there and get magic wallpaper and all your problems are solved! :lol:

15. super_sop

LOL :lol: :lol:

16. HBB

HBB Active Member

Yes, but magic wallpaper's more expensive than a magic shirt! :D

17. Di

Di Active Member

I'd pay a few bob extra for paper that would hang itself, even more for shirts that would iron themselves. :roll:

Did I mention I HATE IRONING? :evil:

18. HBB

HBB Active Member

Show me a woman (or man :?) that likes it!! :D

19. Di

Di Active Member

Ok, back to being useful.

Wallpapering ..... starting away from a corner, use a plumb line (a piece of string with weight attached) to mark a straight line apply your first piece of paper (having made sure its well 'n truly, but smoothly, plastered with paste) ensuring it is in line with the plumb line. Once the paper is secured firmly and you have brushed over with your wallpaper brush to smooth out any bubbles, trim the top and bottom neatly and brush firmly into place. Take roll of paper and align patterns correctly with piece already hanging. Make a mark where it needs to be cut, cut paste and apply, once again lining up pattern.

Del capo al fine! :wink:

Oooh, and watch out for them nasty corners and those darn electric switches. :evil:

20. HBB

HBB Active Member

Imagines scenario where you can see the outline of the cat under the wallpaper! :D

21. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Preparation! Can't stress this one enough. Your finished product will only be as good as the preparation you put into it. ie: makes sure all cracks are filled and sanded and that the walls are as smooth as you can get them. Make sure you 'size' the walls before haging paper. (coat plaster with 'rip-off size' or prepare your own using a weaker mixture of wallpaper paste).

Tip: Undercoat and Gloss all paintwork before hanging paper.

22. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Sounds like my English lessons... the preparation stuff...
    I knew I should have listened! :lol: