Help - Name that tune!!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by On the Horn, Aug 20, 2003.

1. On the Horn

On the Horn Member

Hi, need help here naming a tune. I heard it a long time ago on listen to the band but I dont have a recording of it, know who its by or more importantly the name. The tune is in my head so I've spent a couple of mins with sibelius jotting down a few notes - the basic tune is there would appreciate if anyone knows what it is.

[url] [/url]

click link - should download - its quite a bad representation - sorry.
  2. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

It is a bit err!! - difficult ti interpret !!
    It sounds a bit like something from "Strange Encounters" - are you sure you are not being contacted by an alien life form ??
  3. On the Horn

On the Horn Member

It is possible, I am on the close encounter higher counsel.

I just jotted a few notes down, chord at begining is wrong and I cant get style out of sibelius but the basic tune is there - I thought it was somthing called love song - but I bought one with that title and thats not it.

It was on listen to the band one evening when they were playing alternative wedding tunes.
  4. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

Was it a long long time ago you heard the tune?

If it was just a few months ago, you may find the listing for the relevent programme on

Type LTTB into the search box and you should get some links to their LTTB listings. A quick trawl through these may solve your mystery.

5. On the Horn

On the Horn Member

It was year ago - I will try and record a better version for people to listen to and post it. To be fair I find it difficult to recognise it from the midi.
  6. bladder

bladder Member

I played the midi to my dad and he reckons it's 'the tune cat died on' or possibly 'the piano's on me foot'
  7. On the Horn

On the Horn Member

yeah, yeah I get the point. I can currently play a scale of C on the piano - I reckon in about 20 years I maybe able to reproduce it.

House mate, piano geek boy, is moving in next month, will get him to reproduce a coherent version and will repost.

Watch this space.