Help me with my nerves please!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by horny, Dec 1, 2005.

1. horny

horny Member

I'm doing grage 4 piano tomorrow and at 31years young I'm very nervouse, also i've run out of rescue remedy, any tips for my nerves?!?!?!?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tips
    years young
    piano tomorrow
    rescue remedy
    nerves
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... just think about that certificate of distinction you'll get! :)

4. horny

horny Member

I wish!?!?! did get a merit for last two, but don't know how as hit wrong cord at the end of one piece!!!

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- are you quite happy with your preparation this time? ... scales, arpeggios and ear-tests up to standard?

6. horny

horny Member

yes they are all ok, and been practising for hours, just worried bout my nerves now!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

8. horny

horny Member

thanks, looked at website, know that method, someone once showed me that on a cruise ship when I couldn't sleep. Will try that in the morning! :)

9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

The way we were taught this technique was slightly different ... try it lying down with eyes shut, regulating your breathing and let your 'mind's eye' (focus) travel to various parts of your body to sense them. Work from your toes up and remember to tighten up muscle groups and relax them as you go along up to your head (... don't miss any out :) ). Seems to work for all that I know who have tried it!

10. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

You're too harsh on yourself!! I took my grd 3 a few weeks ago.. ONE chord at the end of ONE piece.. is nothing to what I did!!

I stopped half way thru cus I couldn't play it.. and then carried on again. With loooads of wrong notes! That was the first piece.

Second piece - well, it was VERY hesitant, wrong notes in there.. oh dear :rolleyes:

Third piece - Oh this one was ok..

That was because I got my music 2 weeks before my exam...I'm sure you're much more prepared than I was! they're very generous in their marks anyway! I still managed to pass! :eek: You'll be fine! Go in and enjoy it! :biggrin:

11. Steve

Steve Active Member

Just dont imagine the examiner naked. I was advised to do that in my first euphonium exam and she was HOT! completely threw me!

just enjoy it, worrying about being worried is just daft and win, loose or draw the world wont come crashing round your ears afterwards. You have done the work, deserve to pass and will therefore pass. simple as that.

I dont need to wish you luck as you are clearly well prepared, HAVE FUN :D

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tips
    years young
    piano tomorrow
    rescue remedy
    nerves
  13. Steve

Steve Active Member

At least you didnt fall over................TWICE!!!! mwahahaha well done young one!

14. horny

horny Member

Cheers for all your encouragement, I did it, a few mistakes as my hands were shaking, but I DID IT, Yipee all over..........at least for another year :-/

15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- congratulations! we knew you could do it! :woo

16. Steve

Steve Active Member

awesome, am dead pleased for you. let us know how you did.

17. horny

horny Member

Will let you know!!! Great sitting next to kids waiting to play the awful violin!!! YUCK!!! Felt so much better when I was 17 doing grade 7 on Euph! Had no nerves back then

18. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Wooooooo!! Well done!! :biggrin: