Help - Lost Solo Part - Largo Al Factotum

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Euph n stuff, May 10, 2018.

1. Euph n stuff

Euph n stuff New Member

Does anyone have a copy of the Euph parts for Largo Al Factotum arr. Denis Wright?

We have the full brass band set but no euph parts, Boosey don't sell single parts for it and we'd prefer to avoid buying an entire new set

2. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Well-Known Member

Have you tried Studio Music? They are the selling agents for Boosey's brass band catalogue.

Andrew Norman likes this.
  3. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Well-Known Member

As a word of explanation to the OP, those that publish music don’t like folk photocopying an existing part - Philip’s interest is obvious but Andrew publishes too through pdf Brass. Although I personally don’t like such attitudes (for a single sheet that you once had) I also see their (publisher’s) point and respect their legal rights - you have to draw the line somewhere as some bands take the ‘Mick’ (or steal) by photocopying an entire set of parts and that deprives the copyright owner of income from what is their product.

I’ve ordered a few missing parts from their publishers before; I don’t recall it being expensive, but not all the copies supplied were of good quality. Good luck in getting the copy required, it’s a shame that Boosey weren’t more helpful.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  4. jonteuph

jonteuph New Member

I have a Solo Euph part for the edited version by Bert Sullivan (in Bass Clef) 1942 Hawkes & Son

5. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Well-Known Member

I don’t think Boosey could have helped, as they don’t sell their band music - Studio does. Hence my previous post.

6. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Well-Known Member

I see your point. What puzzles me here, and perhaps the real situation is different, is why didn’t Boosey refer the OP to Studio Music themselves? To me that lack of direction, on a problem that surely must be not in-common, seems unhelpful - but, of course, I might be completely misunderstanding the situation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice