Help! I'm Outta Bru!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by flugelgal, Feb 15, 2005.

1. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Help! I'm currently savouring the last glass of that lovely ice cold Irn Bru from the fridge. I haven't found somewhere to get it in Dublin yet so I don't know what I'm going to do! I can't turn to chocolate since I've given it up for a couple of months (moment of madness... ). If anyone out there has been to Dublin and saw somewhere to buy Scotland's "Other" National Drink, then I'd love to hear about it!

If you're afraid to admit that 1. You've been to Dublin or 2. You like Irn Bru, then please feel free to send me a pm instead of posting here.

Yours desperately,

Flugelgal [​IMG]
  2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Aw bless!! Pm me you address and I'll post you some over!!
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2005
  3. HBB

HBB Active Member

IRN BRU Rocks! :)
  4. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

I wouldn't know I've never tasted rocks so I wouldn't pertain to be a expert on Rock flavours. Ask a troll. Flint and granite would be more normal I would have thought but in these enlightened days of Prawn Wotsits (yum!) who knows!
  5. Despot

Despot Member

There's 3 x 2L bottles of it the bandroom, bought especially for you, if Keppler ever remembers to bring it with him! :)

Tesco in the Ilac Centre should have it?

What is it about Scottish people and Irn Bru....! :)
  6. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I never thanked you for that - sorry! Thanks very much, he brought it up a couple of weekends ago and I'm just finishing it...

I tried! I made a special trip into the city centre to try there and they didn't have it.

Umm... it's orange - and tastes of sweetness!
  7. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Irn Bru is the best hangover cure in the world. Its efficacy is further enhanced by combining it with cold pizza.
  8. HBB

HBB Active Member

Bit like scottish people...
  9. Despot

Despot Member

Did he? He never said!

When I worked in Dublin, I knew a Scottish couple who had the same addiction to Irn Bru! You'll find it about ok, it's just not regularly stocked.

Right, I'll go searching for more! :)
  10. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Oh, I brought that Irn Bru up....
  11. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Oh no!!! Tragedy!!
    I love Irn Bru - because...
    "It's made in Scotland from....?????"

Just a little quiz to discover people's ages
  12. dyl

dyl Active Member

13. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

....girrrrrrders ;)
  14. HBB

HBB Active Member

Wahey! I'm not decrepid! :)
  15. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

and its tougher than tanks!
  16. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

:) :) :) :) :)
  17. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

:) :) :) ( utter perfection, Mr Bale ;) )
  18. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

When I was a kid I thought it said:

Made in Scotland from coasters.

19. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

ScrapingtheBottom: I was skirting around the hangover cure part as I've been a good girl and only had one of those hangover things since I arrived here. You are so correct though! To be most effective it needs to be ice cold I have found.

Bunny: I am more than slightly perturbed that you know that Scots are orange and taste of sweetness!

Despot: 'tis a shame I don't live nearer the south coast, eh? I'm not sure why I can't find it up here - I guess it must be because there are so many shops, and it's so much in demand that it always sells out before I visit them. Yes, that must be it.

PS it's not an addiction, I can stop drinking it any time I want, I just choose to drink it because I like it ;).
  20. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

In answer to Scraping the Bottom

Like (really showing my age now!) I thought Robin Starch was for starching robins.
    And my mum thought dog tripe (-ie tripe for dogs) was produced from canine stomachs and never went to that butcher's again! :)