Help, I'm lost!

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by Tubafreak, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Tubafreak

Tubafreak New Member

Hi, all.I'm a newbie and am trying to figure out ow this site works. Where do I find all the cool, conversational topics? I'm noticing that this is a predominantly Brittish site and I'd realy like to chat with other musicians, not to mention tuba (or is it bass?) players out there. So ,if any one out there would like to help a Yank out, just PM me with some tips or advice.

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Tubafreak

Indeed there are more of us Brits on here as I started the forum in the UK and initially promoted it to a predominantly UK audience. However, we now also have many US friends on tMP (don't want to mention anytone specifically in case I forget someone else and I don't want to miss anyone out).

As for serious conversation, simple... avoid the random discussion areas... that should do it.If you click on the 'Quick Links' or 'Links' button at the top of the page you will see several options presented to you. Select 'New Posts (exclude random)' which does as it says on the tin i.e. presents back to you all news posts pade since your last visit but excluding any posts that have been made in any of the random categories.

Hope this helps, please shout if you need further help or advice.

3. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Another reason for the vast number of UK guys and gals on here is that it is basically a brass band forum - the home of the brass band is the UK (in some areas of the country you can't turn a rock over without finding half a dozen bandsmen playing The Floral Dance).
    Just remember a couple of things about tMP - humour and colour have a u in them ;)

4. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

....yeah and you'll find the same bandsmen with big sideburns, wearing powder blue nylon uniforms and flares drinking double diamond bitter....

....or for a more realistic version of the UK (and World) banding scene in 2005 (not 1975) check out the "Rehearsal Room" ;)

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Tubafreak

Don't worry, we are not as quoted by the master of jokes, juggling and the double enterndre...TrumpetMike...
    ... we may indeed have many members who are brass banders, but specifcally a brass band forum we are not... ;)

Do a search on google for the terms 'brass discussion' and in position #1 you'll see "tMP - [size=-1]The Best Brass discussion www site forum on the web" :biggrin:
    [/size]

6. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

hi there tuba freak and welcome to tmp.

you'll find everything you need, on here, wether its general discussion about bands, or playing in general, or if you want to just have fun ther is simply NO better place to do it than tmp.

its also a great place to find and meet friends, wether its in the uk, or many other countries in the world. wether its from the uk (the home of the ashes) to australia(those convicts that nicked em offf us a few years back:wink: :biggrin: )

it might also be worth you joining a mesenger programme of some sort msn for example, were you can chat away all night to your hearts content with the friends you make on here.

once again welcome to tmp.

craig.
    your friendly cornet type nutter

7. Di

Di Active Member

Who said he only wants serious conversation? ;) Random is where you can discuss - well, anything erm.... random. ;)

8. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Or seriously random..
    Or ramdomly serious...

Anyway, welcome, good to have you on board