help im cut off!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Rambo Chick, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

Having just moved to France (grenoble is the south east), I am suffering extreme withdrawl symptoms. I havent played in 3 weeks! All the usual symptoms including shaking, cold sweats, even considering that i miss it more than chocolate:eek: and i cant get a fix anywhere is this flippin' country! What can i do to ease the pain? Iv considered bungee jumping, salsa classes and even (god help me) going to the library! So if there are any bands in or near Grenoble that anyone knows of, pleeeeeease tell me. ever grateful ginge x:wink:
  2. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

Well if your in grenoble you must only be what 1-2hours from a ski resort!? surely there must be a glacier near you?? Go skiing if there is!
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey Carolyn

Why the move to France...? am interested to know.
  4. MartinT

MartinT Member

5. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

:rolleyes: Why I moved to France, well it seemed like a good idea at the time!!

No seriously, I have moved here for seven months to teach english in primary schools. It is an annual programme organised through the British Council, and I decided to doit after University as I wanted to do something a bit different.

I am feeling the wrench though as no one seems to know what a brass band is here! Thanks for the tip off about Brass band du Savoie, Martin. I dont know exactly how far they are from me but Ive dropped them an email, to see about going to a rehearsal.

as for skiing, it doesnt snow until a bit later in the year. Its hot and sunny at the moment! I am also particularly bad at anything like that but thanks for the tip - i mIght try it a bit later in the year!
    and if there are any bands who fancy moving their rehearsal place to Grenoble I'd be happy to join! wine here is very cheap!:biggrin: