Help, I need ideas!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Lisa, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Lisa

Lisa Member

Hi! I feel a bit cheeky doing this post and asking for help with my college work but never mind i'll post it anyway coz i'm stuck!

I have to do a presentation on Tuesday morning: "Discuss, using examples, the nature of group structures and norms" :(

(I still have to write half the presentation because I am lazy and have left everything to the last minute - but thats another matter entirely!)

The thing I need help with is thinking of a group activity to set after the presentation. I want to set a role playing exercise where everyone is given a role to play, for example, one person might be given the role "Group Leader" another may be "joker"(no-one knows each other's roles). The group then has to complete a task/solve a problem/plan something whilst trying to act out their roles.
    The problem I have is trying to think of a suitable task or problem. Any suggestions anyone?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    role playing exercise
    bit
    group
    examples
    everything
  3. twigglet

twigglet Member

When I did a business dynamics course last year we had to do loads of exercises like this, don't know if you could use this one, but it worked really well, my mum also did it at work with her students and said it was really good...

In groups you are given the task of producing mini notebooks, each one to be made from card for the front and back and obviously white paper in the middle. The only tools you have are card and paper, scissors, scelotape and a ruler..... The group have to form a production line in order to produce as many as they can in 10 minutes, so for it to work there needs to be someone in charge of production, someone to cut, someone to scelotape etc

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Well, there's Norman Wisdom the funny one, Norman Tebbitt the cyclist, not to mention Normans, the music shop . . . :shock: :wink: :lol:

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

Not to mention the patron saint of drinkers, Norm from Cheers! :guiness

6. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Hows about getting 28 Bandsmen and women + gear to a contest without anyone getting lost, sick, late, forgetting anything at 6:00am in the morning.... :D

7. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

If you can get hold of a small frame tent, empty the whole lot onto the floor, hide the instructions and tell the group they've got 20 minutes to put it up. I've done it a few times and its always very volatile! :lol:

8. Lisa

Lisa Member

Haha! :roll: :wink:

The notepad making idea sounds really useful and relevant. Think I might try that, thanks!
    The tent idea sounds really good fun! :lol: If I can get hold of a tent by tomorrow morning then maybe I will give that a go too! Thanks! :tup