Help for our Ugandan brass band program

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Philip Monk, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Philip Monk

Philip Monk New Member

Hello everyone, After 4 years hard work I have managed to establish 7 brass bands in Eastern Uganda. Our best band, Mbale Schools Band, can play marches, all the hymn tunes in the red book, and many popular items. The impact of youth music out here has to be seen to be believed.
    I teach children positive values through learning to be part of a team in a brass band and encourage all the children to play and sing.
    But now I'm stuck with being able to continue the expansion of the program (even though I have so many kids waiting to play) because I have run out of instruments. I'm coming back to the UK on Sunday 18th and I'm desperately hoping that someone knows of some second hand instruments that have been languishing on the shelves of a band store room and that could be donated to our program. It's such a worthwhile cause and such a powerful influence on children in the developing world.
    Thank you.
    Philip Monk

(ex Ratby, Waterbeach Brass, Harborough Band, etc)

email: ugive2uganda1@aol.com

www.euymf.org

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Ugandan
    Hello
    @aol.com
    Mbale Schools Band
    Eastern Uganda
  3. essexgirl

essexgirl Member

I will speak to our property and chairman and get back to you

4. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Hi Philip
    There are a couple more on the Isle of Wight you can have if you can get here or to Portsmouth.
    As always - wishing you the best of luck.
    Andy

5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Don't forget to check out Pbones. Plastic trombones that are only £50, they would be great for learners.

6. Philip Monk

Philip Monk New Member

Thank you so much for those of you who were able to help even in a small way. I thought it might be useful to include a link to our latest update of the band playing. Here it is.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV_uovVDfKI

Philip

p.s. I still need instruments please!