Help - DUET 4 2 CATS

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Brassycornet, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Brassycornet

Brassycornet New Member

PLeasley Band would like to include the above in a their celebration concert in October 2008. Does anyone have a visual recording of Desford (or anyone) with Martin Winter and Chris Jeans playing it at I think either best of brass or granada band of the year.

I am interested in seeing the choreography of it - wondered if anyone can help at all.

Heres hoping and thanks

H :eek:

2. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Hi there,

Being the geek that I am I came across this video on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBOD-0v2D3Q&feature=related which is indeed Chris Jeans and Martin Winter peforming. Duet for two Cats starts at 5mins 49s into the video. There's a few videos there and its fantastic viewing.

Good luck for the concert,

Alex

3. Brassycornet

Brassycornet New Member

Thanks Alex fab video as you said brilliant viewing - can you download from you tube

4. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

It isn't possible to do a direct download from Youtube. However there are some free programs around that can do it for you. I would suggest " YouTube downloader-free" in Google or similar wording. I downloaded a program some six months ago but still haven't installed it. It is called, would you believe, YouTube Downloader214. I actually don't really have a use for it, but the EXE file is still in my downloads folder.

5. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Real Player gives you the option to download from You tube. The download option appears when you hover your mouse curser over the top right hand corner of the video.

It also works on the music page.

Not that i condone downloading videos without consent of course.

6. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

If it is any help, the cameraman misses something. Just after 7 minutes in, the camera cuts to Martin Winter looking over his shoulder and misses Chris Jeans going down on one knee on the high note pause, hence the audience laughter. I remember seeing them do this at the Albert Hall gala concert in, I think, 1987.

7. Bones

Bones Member

They start opposite sides of the stage, with their backs to each other.

Trombone starts, Chris turns round and sernades Martin's back, then resumes the position.
    Martin does the same.
    The refrain where they play together, they turn and face the audience then resume the position
    In the new tempo, they play from the original position, and do the call and answer thing to each others backs. As James said in his earlier post, at the point the trombone goes for the high note he drops to one knee to serenade the cornet.
    This carries on unil the last refrain, where they turn, and face each other, and in time to the beat, they move together, until the are side by side and the ultimate phrase they tilt their heads together and finish.

Got the video from Best of Brass somewhere in a box, will try and dig it out.

Your trom player new to be comfy playing with a harmon mute all the time, not easy.

8. Brassycornet

Brassycornet New Member

Thanks for all your advice its been really helpful. Richard if you can dig out the video that would be great and will send it back. Thanks

9. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Didn't a band do this at Butlins a few years ago with the two soloist in cat costumes? Think it was a lady trom - nice tail :)