Help! - does your band have any unwanted small percussion?

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Robin Norman, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Robin Norman

Robin Norman Member

Cheeky I know but I am in a bit of a predicament that I wonder if you good people out there in tMp land might be able to help with.

I've just completed my teacher training and have got a job in a very small rural high school. However, at the moment, the music department has no classroom instruments whatsoever other than a few (7) electronic keyboards and no money available to purchase.

I was wondering if anybody out there, or the bands they are associated with, have any percussion instruments sitting around unused. I'm not looking for fantastic quality, just serviceable so I can get my lessons started until I get a budget to spend in 2010. Anything will do:drums, claves, tambourines, maracas, glockenpiels, castanets; anything that can be used in the classroom. If necessary, I'm happy to cover reasonable postage costs out of my own pocket. I'm already selling unwnted things on e-bay to be able to purchase some things.

I know this is cheeky to ask but I am keen to really work hard and make a success of music at the school. Please PM me if you have anything to offer or, indeed, any advice where I may get some things.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    percussion
    band
    people
    high school
    land
  3. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Hi Robin, good luck with this, with the amount of enthusiasm you are showing I am sure you'll come up trumps. I can't help, but as a fellow teacher have you tried contacting the local authority and plundering any supply they may be able to offer? Just a thought, all the best!!

4. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

How about getting the kids to make their own ? Learning about how sounds are made at the same time.
    Plenty of information on making percussion instruments from junk on the web including a good site here http://www.rhythmweb.com/homemade/