Help!- Cheap Repairs!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by yorkshire_lass86, Apr 4, 2006.

1. yorkshire_lass86

yorkshire_lass86 New Member

I am a student and after burry ports recent runner up win and subsequent qualification to the national finals (<<--- had to get that in there somewhere!) I accidently dropped my lovely trombone off the minibus and now have a nice dint to add to my collection of many creases and a scratch on my bell. Could anyone tell me anywhere who could do relatively cheap repairs either in South Wales (where I am a student) or in South Yorkshire (where i live in the holidays) as I havent had my instrument that long and I am at music college therefore I need my instrument to be in its best condition!
  2. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

"All Brass and Wind" in Leeds .
    Excellent service reasonable prices.
    0113 242 1332.
    We have taken our repairs there for years.
    Ex "Kitchens of Leeds" service and quality.
    First Class !
    - Wilky
  3. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Send a pm to Owen Wedgewood - Smooth & Sophisticated on here - he has done some excellent work for me on our cornets recently and he often gets down to Sheffield for plating work etc
  4. Colin D

Colin D Member

Rath trombones workshop up in Huddersfield do excellent work, plus you can have a drool in the Workshop!

Website is

5. ekimmort

ekimmort Member

Rath's did a great job on my mine, came back looking like new, and they also removed most of the wrong notes from it :rolleyes:
  6. barrowgirl

barrowgirl Member

no they didn't get rid of the wrong notes they are still there
  7. SteveT

SteveT Member

John Preston is excellent. But you will probably also need re-laquering too!
  8. tubaturk

tubaturk Member

you're sure you didn't damage your trombone by hitting me with it on the aforementioned minibus?
  9. yorkshire_lass86

yorkshire_lass86 New Member

Oi! Thats a damaging lie! You started the big fight! (I suppose technically i started it last year), but u definately started it this year, i was just defending myself, I'm only ickle, your heeeouge! And for your information (not that you can remember!) it was bare-knuckle fighting, my precious trombone was being looked after, the exact incident with my trombone was when i stepped off the minibus outside my house and miscalculated the distance from the bottom step to the floor (it was a good few inches further than i expected!)

(Re-match in Blackpool? :p )

Morning, just read this and thought I'd add my two-penneth...

I've played trombone for 27 years now, and for the last 10 years or so, I haven't trusted anyone else with my trombone repairs/overhauls other than Mick Rath, apart from one occasion where I took my trombone somewhere else (which shall remain nameless...) for a minor slide dink to be taken out, and ended up losing half the nickel and laquer from the inner slide arm!
    They always do a good job up there, and will do the job while you wait if they can. I had a bell dent, Db tuning slide crease and very minor slide dink taken out about 2 weeks ago, it took them about 10mins to do and I only got charged £24. Looks as good as new - can't beat that!

11. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

I though you learnt to play on the Sackbut troms wernt around when you started mate. :p :p