Help! Any physiotherapists or such like.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by JessopSmythe, Aug 22, 2006.

  1. JessopSmythe

    JessopSmythe Active Member

    Pontyclun, South Wales
    Since I can't be [insert preffered expletive here] to sit and wait for up to 2 years for an NHS referral, I'm looking for advice on how to relieve Iliotibial Band Friction Syndrome. Having done some basic research myself, I understand that some kind of stretching exercises are in order but can anyone recommend suitable ones?
  2. brassneck

    brassneck Active Member

  3. bagpuss

    bagpuss Active Member

    I believe that the official recommendation is to give up playing bass trombone and to stop drinking beer. That should do it.

  4. Rapier

    Rapier Supporting Member

    See a Sports Massage Therapist. Preferably one trained at one of the decent schools and not an evening class at a Tech College. (London School of Sports Massage has a web site with a list of practitioners in each area) they can sort it for you and show the relevant stretches. I could explain some appropriate stretches but you really need to be shown how to do them.
  5. bigmamabadger

    bigmamabadger Active Member

    Schloss Dachstein
    What have you done now...
    Remedial Massage Therapy is pretty good. I've been seeing one for a while and he definitely helps keep my back and neck in line. Mind you he is a complete sadist...
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice