Help !! 4/5 piece needed for carols, central London 3rd Dec

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Red Elvis, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Hi All

Short notice I know but any help available ?

We at University College London Hospital hold an open night every year in run-up to Christmas , this year on 3rd December.

Normally an ensemble from Regent Hall Band come and play for half hour / 45 mins or so from about 1730.

This year they are unable to do so.

Anyone available in Central London to help ? If so , pm me or ring on 0845 155 5000 Ext 3528.

2. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

Would have Phil but we have rehearsal as you know!!!
  3. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Yeah- thats why I can't do it !
  4. jrshimmon

jrshimmon Member

Have you spoken with any other SA bands to see if they can help out. It's a long shot I would think they'll be busy but you could try Chalk Farm. Otherwise Maybe speak to Music Ministeries Unit at SA territorial Headquarters. They maybe able to put something together or ask around for you.
  5. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Hi jrshimmon

Yeah , we tried Music Ministries and Chalk Farm who were unable to help. Hendon are going to get back to us tomorrow but its looking unlikely . In fairness to all of them I know its very late notice for an exceedingly busy time of year and central London at that time of night is not a joy unless you happen to be reasonably local !!
  6. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Hmm as a member of an SA band I am suprised that with all the corps in London you cant find a small Ensemble. Have you contacted any of the London Divisional Headquarters?
  7. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Thanks Pete

We're working down a list , but surprisingly enough there aren't many corps within reasonable distance of UCLH with functioning bands it seems and those that have are already booked.
  8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Can you not try any music colleges in the district?
  9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

It's also quite an early start for anyone having to get across after work. Can't help myself as we are at St Joseph's Hospice with Cambridge Heath Brass.