Heloooo

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by imthemaddude, Jul 12, 2005.

1. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Hello! I'm Lynda from Dudley but now live in the North East.

I started playing organ when I was three....couldnt reach the pedals so stuggled on till I was six and I could.....learnt to sing and play recorders and the violin (oh dear) ....played in a couple of orchestras and the piano and organ at church......at secondary school.....started with the cornet .... tried to convince the music teacher it was a hornet I wanted to play and not a cornet.....no wonder she left to teach proper musicians.....did my theory and decided to knick my sisters clarinet.....played in various wind and brass bands and the orchestra....then came the alto saxophone......then after my sister had given up clarinet for the flute... I knicked that as well....took various grades - 1 grade 8, 1 grade 6 and 5 grade 5's.....joined brass futures....played a bit of tenor horn, flugel and sop....went back onto principal cornet and taught a few lessons.....won a few solo trophies....conducted then from time to time and then.......left school....was going to Leeds College of Music but decided I wanted to be a teeeechha......conducted a wind band and got my old violin out to play in the string ensemble.....moved to the North East and vowed never to play cornet ever again.

2 months in and big_col got me to play for Ashington colliery for the Blackpool contest so I did.....did the area with them....moved in with two people from Five Rivers Brass....transferred to them....spent one week on rep, one week on bumper up and the next week on principal cornet.....stayed there for a while and depped for loads of North East bands in every section....including depping for Sacriston on principal in the same section as ours at the Whitehaven contest coming 1st and 3rd (good job we won!).....depped for more bands...joined the NMYBB....reversed from principal to bumper up......reversed from bumper up to rep....won dudley music festival brass solo and brass recital sections.......back where I started in the band and we won the area...& whitehaven....................

I have just graduated as a secondary Geography teacher.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2005
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    North East
    Dudley
    Heloooo
    Lynda
    depped
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Hi Lynda and :hi.

Wow, you sure have achieved a heck of a lot. Well done you! :biggrin::clap:

4. imthemaddude

Oh I forgot .... me and TMM have something in common.....we have both dabbled with Korg Keyboards!!

5. imthemaddude

I'm now a secondary English teacher in a 13-18 school in Hexham