Helo! Sut mae?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dyl, Jul 12, 2005.

1. dyl

dyl Active Member

No, not an example of some seriously bad spelling, just the way we greet people here in sunny Gwynedd, North Wales!

My name's Dylan and I'm originally from Deiniolen, a small village in Snowdonia, now living in a nearby village, whose name I'm not going to mention now!

I started my banding career on cornet with the Deiniolen Silver Band when I was 9. Four years later I was moved on to Solo Horn and have been there ever since! I'm an ex-member of the Gwynedd Wind and Brass Bands, and have been a member of the National Youth Brass Band of Wales twice.

I am married to Nia who is an ex-member of the Deiniolen Band, and we have two young children, Deian Wyn and Erin Haf.

Apart from banding, I work at a further education college, and my interests are computing, films, and watching sports, particularly Liverpool FC.

However, most of my spare time is taken up this website which some of you may have heard of - www.themouthpiece.com

Having been a member of tMP since it's origin I have seen the site grow steadily to become what it is now - quite simply THE place to come and discuss your banding news, stories, events etc.and to meet like-minded people.

So, to all the newcomers, welcome, and please join in .... you WILL be made to feel at home!

2. Di

Di Active Member

Helo sut mae to you too. :hi.

Sorry I couldn't give you a bigger welcome in Welsh to make you feel more at home, but couldn't find a good translator and didn't want to insult you by getting it wrong! :redface: