Hells Kitchen

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by weenie, May 27, 2004.

1. weenie

weenie Member

I'm surprised that no-one has brought this one up, Hells Kitchen. Have had rehearsals every night this week so have only seen clips of it. Entertaining or boring??

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    no-one
    Hells Kitchen
    clips
    rehearsals
    week
  3. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

a bit of both, who no's whats gona happen!
    i vote that old woman from corrie/bad girls to win!

wooo (ive seen 1 episode!)

k x

4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

none of them are ever going to be able to cook... Gordon will eventually have a mental breakdown and there'll be a bit of entertainment, but I think it was a bit ofa ropey idea for a show!

5. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

...and the only redeeming feature was Gordon going off his head at people and he hardly did that last night.

BORING!!!!

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I hadn't intended watching it, but I did see the two half-hour episodes on Wednesday, finding myself in unexpectedly. It strikes me that, although someone obviously must have thought it was a good idea to put so-called celebrities in an unfamiliar setting to see how they would cope, they had greatly under-estimated the pressures involved.

With so many factors playing a part, not least Gordon Ramsay's reputation for setting the highest standards, it is not realistic to expect them to be able to achieve what he wants in the time available. Unless anyone has worked in catering at the highest level, they will not have any idea of the pressures people are put under, and when you've got people who are used to a much shorter working day it was no real surprise to see two walking out early.

It was interesting though, to see the mix of criticism and encouragement going on, and I may dip into future episodes from time to time.

7. hornblower

hornblower Member

I've really enjoyed it so far... esp. on last nights episode when gordon was ready to kill vic reeves for demanding two fried eggs!!!!!!! Class!

I think the woman off corrie should pack her bags right now, useless argumentative, stupid, mallicious and can't even measure ingredients correctly! Think James Frain should win....

8. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Having watched it a couple times, it simply smacks to me of Gordon Ramsay wanting to get a bit more in the public eye, almost like 'PLEASE let me have my own show where I can shout and swear at celebs which I wouldn't normally have the guts to do!' (I mean, normally, would YOU shout and swear at a musclebound Dwain Chambers?)

Sorry to be so dismissive! Just my take.....

9. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

surely not... this is the man who says all celebrity chefs are [insert derogotory name here]!

10. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

It's not as good as his "Kitchen Nightmares" show which was on a few months ago.
    The celebrities (if you can call them that) know they can't cook whereas on the other show they thought they could!

I think the reality show has been done to death now, so anything new ones are just not appealing any more

11. jonford

jonford Member

It was ok to start with, but now I think its getting boring. Especially the live feed on ITV2 which there is a 30 mins delay on anyway!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    no-one
    Hells Kitchen
    clips
    rehearsals
    week
  13. stabbyjnr

stabbyjnr Member

YES CHEF!

14. Nat

Nat Member

i think its good because it shows that workin in a kitchen is hard work!!

15. strongbow

strongbow Member

I normally hate any reality TV programme and find them totally boring. However, watching this on the odd night after band has caught my attention. Couldn't watch it every night but COME ON JAMES!