Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by The-Wee-Timpanist, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Hey!

Thought I would introduce myself.

I'm Rach. I'm a percussionist with Annan Town.

Thats it really, hehe! :D
  2. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Hello Rach,

I'm Tone, I play for Tredegar Town Band.

Trombonists are usually the first to welcome new people to the forum, We are nice like that you see :biggrin:

Hope you enjoy it here :tup
  3. Hiya Rach! :hi

It's always good to see "Local" people here - you might have noticed there's a thriving Scots sub culture here! :guiness

Well done last weekend at the Scottish - :metal:

I hope the fundraising to get to Harrogate goes well - We had our first formal discussions the other night!

Enjoy the posts!
  4. Hey!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Well done to you too Johnny! Was a fab result! I never actually got to hear you play as I was propping up the bar after we played (and cosidering we were the second band on, I was in some state!)

We have started looking into Harrogate too with discussions had on Monday at rehearsals. I'm soooo excited :D

Rach x
  5. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Congrats indeedy to all of us!!! :woo

You are very lucky that you had an early draw, have never seen our lot so sober after a win (with the exception of our new improved principal cornet who was sinking them faster than a german U-boat :guiness - to say the man fits in is an understatement).

Glad to see that the wrongs of last year have been righted!:clap:

Hope you've booked a hotel cos apparently courstesy of the areas being so spread out date-wise Harrogate is already full to bursting, so latest I heard we might have a very posh establishment in Leeds to cause trouble in!;)
  6. Alisop

Alisop Member

Hi Rach!!

Thats it really, see you at Band next week. I'm still very excited but have sobered up now!

7. Alisop

Alisop Member

:biggrin: And congratulations to D&M hopefully we'll be able to meet up with you all for a drink in harrogate!!!!:clap:
  8. Absolutely! After we play and before you do! ;)

No - that's bad! We're not in competition with you - we're both in competition with the rest of the UK! :metal:

When was the last time a Scots 1st and 2nd happened at the finals? :biggrin:
  9. York was mentioned to us lot on Monday when discussing where to stay but other than that nothing has been decided as far as I know. As long as there is a bar with vodka I'll be happy :lol:

Hey Alison :D
  10. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Erm, shouldn't that read "pub" culture?? :rolleyes: :tongue:

Welcome Rach!
  11. Pub culture? In Scotland? I think you may be confused :lol: I think its part and parcel of being in a band tbh!

Thanks for the welcome Dave :D
  12. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

Well, it just goes to show that trombones are the slackers of the band, they may be the first to welcome you but they're the ones who are on tMP in the middle of the day! :tongue:

Welcome to you from the cornets!!
  13. Hells Bones

Clearly not! I was at college! :biggrin:
  14. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

I think I remember that happened in the 3rd sec nationals 2000 with Mr Sykes (aka GOD). Both of those bands are now championship as well I believe.
    Hope a little band from the new forest area suprise everyone this year (and we are staying in Leeds too):)
  15. A college... I get funny looks when I come on here at uni? I'm a business student and they all think I'm a band geek. But, I admit I am :lol:

Oh and lets hope 2 wee Scottish bands can make that happen again :)
  16. Hells Bones

I'm at Music college, they all understand the band geeks needs :tup
  17. I wish business students did... I even gave a presentation on brass banding as it was a self-elective topic and everybody looked at me like some kind of freak! Then the lecturer turned round and said, "Oh I thought brass banding was mainly old people!" :shock: how rude!!!
  18. Hells Bones

Love it!

I'll never forget the look on an ex's face when I was on the phone telling someone how to clean their bone!!! It was only afterwards when I told who it was and what they'd rang for that she realised "Bone" refered to Trombone. HAHAHAHA
  19. millie6589

millie6589 Member

20. No way! Wish I'd been in the room for that! I would have been in stitches.

Oh and Millie the vodka bar in York sounds like my kind of place. I shall have to persuade the band to stay there now :lol: