Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Griff, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Griff

Griff New Member

In, Jason - or Griff to a special set of friends. I play the Tuba (owning 4 different instruments) in eight different bands over the last 27 years. Also play the Tenor Horn (own 3) when the need arises, and the Cornet/Trumpet (own 3 and have just passed my Copper Music Medal). As you can see I collect musical instruments, with the intention of trying to form a 4 piece vintage high tone Brass group. Recently bought a early 1870's J. Higham Baritone (the seller claimed it was a Tuba).

Very involved with my current Band - The Magna Music Band which I help to run, and share conducting duties.

Life outside Band - I have a Doctor Who Collection, and a 1966 Wolseley 16/60 (its a car)
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to tMP and I hope you enjoy sharing with like-minded enthusiasts on here.
  3. Griff

Griff New Member

Gives me a bit of time to sort out my profile. Had to jog my memory about some of the places I'd played over the years. 2 tours - Germany and Austria with Guthlaxton Concert Band, also played at De Monfort Hall Leicester, Bedwoth Civic Hall, RNCM, and Festival Hall London, with them.

Played outside Lichfield Cathedral with Oadby and Wigston Scout and Guide Band for the Festival of Remembrance a few times.

With Magna Music Band, we've just finished a year long Arts Council funded experimental music project, combining Indian Tabla's with brass instruments, and South American Sambando drums.

Back in May I took part in my first Whit Friday, playing with Cross Counties Brass, raising money for Help for Heroes