Hello!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by VFarstad, Aug 19, 2008.

1. VFarstad

VFarstad New Member

Hello!
    I have finally decided to join tMP after having just viewed the discussions for a couple of month. I know I write an english that is really odd at times, because I am Norwegian, and tends to use norwegian sentence order in my english.
    I have played the Bb-bass for around 9 years now and are currently playing in 3 janitchar (?) orchestras, the Asker Musikkorps (Asker Janitchar Orchestra), The Hennummusikken (The Hennum Music, Hennum beeing a place in Norway) and Bondi & Vettre school orchestra.

Best regards to all out there at tMP,
    Vegard

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Norwegian
    Hennum
    The Hennum Music
    Vettre
    The Hennummusikken
  3. LilMissFlugel

LilMissFlugel Member

hi. Welcome to tmp :)

4. emziesonic

emziesonic Member

hiya
    welcome to tmp!
    just ask if you have any questions:biggrin:

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Good to have you on board, Vegard, and don't worry too much about the language - I'm sure your English is much better than our Norwegian ;)

6. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

.......and a lot better than some of our English as well :oops::oops:

7. BrassFlyer

BrassFlyer Member

Welcome from another relative newbie!

8. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Ahh Norway, beautifiul land of Fjords, Grieg, Smorgasbords (must brush up on my Norwegian), Mountains and gorgeous blond beauties! I fell in love with one such beauty on an exchange visit with a band from Bergen when I was nowt (nothing) but a lad.
    Welcome to the club from a fellow bassman :D

9. VFarstad

VFarstad New Member

I have never seen the word smorgasbord before. It's probably from the Bergenser dialect.
    If any of you have any questions regarding the Norwegian language or Norway (which is rather unlikely), just ask!

10. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Manga tak