Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by musicmad030, Nov 2, 2007.

1. musicmad030

musicmad030 New Member

hey there, just registered on tmp am looking to get back into playing in a brass band but not really sure where to start, i currently play in a marching band but as a hobby would love to play in a brass band again, does anyone know of any bands near dartford.

thanks x
  2. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Why hello and :hi to tMP.

I'm sure there are plenty of people local to you who can help with your search for a band - have you any idea what section / standard you were looking for?

I hope you enjoy reading and contributing to the discussions here. I look forward to seeing you around the forums!
  3. musicmad030

musicmad030 New Member

thanks for your speedy response, really dont mind what section as am just looking for fun really, i passed grade 8 a few years ago but play plenty with my job , hopefully being new to the dartford area people will be able to recommend a band or two.

thanks again x
  4. Di

Di Active Member

Hi and welcome. :)

As Ian said, I'm sure some of the locals will point you in the direction of some bands. If you let us know what instrument you play, some may even let you know of current vacancies in the area. ;)

Good luck with your search.
  5. musicmad030

musicmad030 New Member

cornet player :) thanks very much for your help x
  6. Di

Di Active Member

And whilst we're waiting for some friendly helpful locals, there's a geographic list here you can have a search through. :)