Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by The_Parson's_Son, Jan 19, 2007.

1. The_Parson's_Son

The_Parson's_Son New Member

My name is Jamie and I am a euphonium player currently living in Stavanger. I registered here some while ago, but never got around to posting anything. Now, since everyone seems to be talking about tMP, I thought I ought to join in and introduce myself.
    As I've moved around quite a lot with my job, I have made friends in lots of bands up and down the UK and abroad. And I am absolutley useless at keeping in touch. Maybe joining tMP will help . . .
    Currently I play in Musikkorpset Gjallarhorn in Stavanger, where we are busy preparing for the Norwegian Championships.

I've been around a bit - in a purely platonic way, of course :) .
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Well a big welcome to tMP to you Jamie :hi

Are you from Norway, or elsewhere..? and I am glad to hear everyone is talking about tMP. :)
  3. The_Parson's_Son

No, I'm not Norwegian. I'm originally from Campbeltown, and got here via Glasgow, Plymouth, London, Harrogate, Germany and the Netherlands!!
    I'm currently working in Stavanger, but expect to come back home this summer.
  4. TheMusicMan

What takes you on your travels...? a job?
  5. The_Parson's_Son

Well, you know what they say about a moving target being harder to hit . . . I have to move on before they find out I can't actually play at all!! :)

Seriously, though, yes it's my job. But that will come to an end in the summer, and I hope to go back to school in UK to become a music teacher, so I can settle down. At 37, I'm getting much too old for all this jetsetting malarkey!
  6. TheMusicMan

Well the very best of luck with whatever you do and want to do. Thanks for joining us here, and enjoy reading through the posts and threads...
  7. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

:hi to tMP Jamie! glad to have you here.
  8. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Well hello sir, hows things with yourself then, Mr MacVicar?!

I had a sneaky suspicion this was you, when you said in the other thread it was snowing where you were. I thought, hmm somebody called Jamie, plays Euph and stays in Stavanger, and in a recent post said you were from Campbeltown! I knew there could only be one red-headed Scotsman in Stavanger, Haha!! :biggrin:

Hoping your well mate, and look forward to seeing you back home soon and maybe in the line-up for "Tartan Brass" at Whit Friday I hope! ;)