Hello!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by stephen2001, Feb 19, 2006.

1. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Well, its only taken me 6 months to introduce myself!!

My name is Stephen Watkins and at the moment, am taking a sabbatical from playing whilst I am doing a journalism course in Brighton. tMP is at the moment playing an important part in keeping me up to date in what is happening in the world of banding!

My banding career started playing Tenor Horn with the Welbeck "B" Band in 1995 when I was 11, and I quickly progressed up to Solo Baritone in the main band a couple of years later. I took a break when I was 16 to concentrate on A Levels and play with school and county ensembles which saw me represent Nottinghamshire at the Millennium Dome in 2000. I then went to Loughborough University, but helped out Whitwell Band during the holidays to keep my lip in reasonable shape. After I graduated in 2004, I joined Whitwell full time on Trombone and was there until Christmas 2005 when I moved down to Brighton. I'm still the band's webmaster, so they've not got rid of me totally!!

I think I'm the only person to have played for the tMP band in the three times we've been to the Whit Friday marches, and have also played for the Easingwold tMP band twice.

I think that about sums me up!!

2. lizzey-b

lizzey-b New Member

hello
    just thought id say hi. hu r u playing for now, i didnt quite catch that?
    liz x

3. Steve

Steve Active Member

And you were the best soloist last year to Steve :tup: Hope your keeping well mate