Hello!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bryan_sop, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I'm Bryan and I play sop for City of Cambridge Brass Band I've been playing Sop since I was about 12 (I think?!) My first band was a schools wind band called NEWTS (North East Wind Trainers) but was soon shown what a real band was and fell in love with Sop. I've been playing the Cornet/Trumpet since I was 8 and now I'm 25. I've been a member of the Hampshire Youth Junior and Training bands, Horsham Borough Silver band and Soham Comrades Band. I've also played with the tMp band on a couple of occasions, as well as depping with many different bands.

Outside Brass bands, I play 1st Trumpet in a newly formed Brass quintet, which is based in London called Strong Brass and I also play in Disco Inferno, a funky 8 piece 70s/80s/90s function band. (website to be updated with me on it soon) I also play as a guest with Mystery Train when I'm not working or playing with my other groups. I'm also playing trumpet with the London Charity orchestra on 3rd (It's nice to take a back seat with less pressure for a change!) and I sometimes play with The Cambridge Orchestra and Cambridge Philharmonic Society

I have a BA(Hons) degree in music, which I got from Anglia Polytechnic University (Now Anglia Ruskin University)in Cambridge, Where I now live. I'm practicing for an LRSM, and have been for several years now, I really should get my finger out and do it!!

I am currently working as a security guard still trying to pay off my student debts! I also teach Brass at a saturday school. Eventually, I want to make a living out of music by teaching and playing as much as I can.

Outside of work and music, I have a reputation for being a bit of a p***head, which I suppose goes hand-in-hand with being a musician! I'd like to say I've calmed down a bit recently, but most of the last month or so is a bit blurry (well it is rude not to go to the pub after a gig and there's been so many!!) No serious drink induced injuries for some time now though :eek:

Edit: Have now given up beer!! :eek: Decided to get rid of the beer belly so I've stopped the beer and Kebabs. In the last 3 months I've only had the odd beer and 2 kebabs, Just been drinking wine and spirits in the last 3 months and lost nearly 3 stone!! Only problem is.....all of my clothes are now huge on me and wine goes to my head really quickly, 3 bottles of red and I'm anyone's :roll:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    schools wind band
    band
    URL
    Disco Inferno
  3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

And despite his disliking for original pieces for the sop(!), Bryan is a very fine player, as witnessed at Hadleigh 2005.

4. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Ahh thanks for that! Nice to be appreciated!!

Hehe very funny.....Write me a piece that has more than one note in it, preferably not all around top C and I'd be happy to play it!

5. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

Wimp!!! :icon_biggrin:

Was great to have you there at Hadleigh. My centre parting has nearly gone now....... :icon_rolleyes: