Hello there from Dinie, aka Mumsie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Di, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Di

Di Active Member

Hi, I’m Diane, username Dinie, also known affectionately as tMP Mumsie. :biggrin:

I’ve been a baritone player since the age of 15 and started my banding days with Croft Silver band. In 1982, I joined the City of Leicester Band.

1983 was a big year for me. I got married In February. In March, City of Leicester won the 4th section area playing First Suite in Eb and we came 2nd at Pontins playing Suite Gothique. While we were at Pontins, my new hubby decided he would like to start playing again (he was a cornet player for Bradwell Silver as a laddie). Later in the year, we played in the fourth section national finals at the Royal Albert Hall! We played Ballad for Band. Jeepers, scarey stuff. Two baritones on a pp opening :eek: and came a creditable 7th. :biggrin: We stayed with City of Leicester until there was a conductor change in 1988 and decided it was time for a change for us too.

Anyway, onwards. In 1990 and 1992 I had Vicki (aka Vickitorious, no dout she’ll introduce herself later too) and Adam and carried on playing as much as possible, until the time Vicki started playing and joined a youth band. Not long after that, we bought Adam his first drum kit and soon after he was playing in the junior section of the same organisation. Steve and I then took a back seat and let the kids take over with their music, since they were doing a better job of it than we were. :redface:

Now Vicki plays principal horn with the Hathern Band and the solo horn with the NYBB and Adam plays kit with the Hathern B Band. Steve and I both registered with the B band, and I also join in with the A band.

I found tMP by accident when searching on google for information about a contest. At that time tMP was recruiting for a band to play for Children in Need in Birmingham. Vicki and I signed up and we were off to Birmingham to meet the gang. You’ll be able to read all about the event in the forum, but from our point, we had a great day, met loads of great people, including the two top men, John and Roger, and I’ve been hooked on tMP ever since! As you will no doubt notice, I have been a very active member, although a lot of my time has been spent hooked in the totally random section. ;)

More recently John has twisted my arm into coming out of association-land and has given me the honour and privilege of being a tMP Supermoderator. I’m still very new to the post and “finding my feet", especially with the technical side of things, but I’m getting loads of support from the rest of the team. They’re a great bunch of guys and gals, but you won’t need me to tell you that, you’ll find out for yourselves soon enough. :biggrin:

I hope you enjoy tMP as much as I have done. :p

2. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

And Dinie's going round the other posts on the 'Introduce Yourself' forum and making nice comments in reply. What a star! (Hug!)

;)

3. Di

Di Active Member

What you want is one of these.

[​IMG]

I've got looooooooooooooads of time on my hands, and Mumsie's just doing her rounds, trying to make everyone as happy on tMP as she is. :biggrin: ;)