hello newbie to tmp

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Benz, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Benz

Benz New Member

:terrier morning all

i joined tmp just the other day and still finding my way around it but love the fact that there are so many people on it.

i have already posted a really bad joke woops :biggrin: (well i found it funny)

i play the cornet and have done since i was about 10 now i am 17 and i am still learning. my new task is to triple tounge. :S wish me some good luck

any way people hope to have some fab chats about music and test pieces and other random stuff hehehe:tup

2. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Morning Benzy, official welcome and all that.........
    Secret to triple tonguing is loads of repetition, I still find myself tripling away whilst out on my bike (not with instrument!) or doing any mundane activity. It will become a habit.

PS it also helps if you eat lots of sausages! Frees up the tu tu ku muscles :D
  3. Benz

Benz New Member

hey thankls for that

i find myslef sometimes

humming a hymn tune and have started touging double tuning and taht is a hbit now hehe:cool::biggrin:

4. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Hiya Benzy! Welcome to the Pleasure Dome...Tel us how the tripling goes - 40 years down the line and I'm still stuttering! Hey Ho! :D :oops: ;)
  5. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Heya, welcome!

My teacher made me walk around school going de de geh (and many variants of the same to get it in different pitches) all day long. It kinda worked. Lots of things can be learned away from the instrument itself! Hope this helps you too.
  6. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

heya Benz, welcome to the site.

I'm also 17 and working at the tripling (along with everything else) and just generally aspiring.

nice to have younger peeps on here to keep the 'wise' ones on here in check :biggrin:

get stuck in :tup