Hello Lads. Motown fan here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Matt Rayner, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Matt Rayner

Matt Rayner New Member

Hi.

Matt Rayner in Helsinki reporting.

I'm a big fan of Motown and all blues brass.

I'm originally from Manchester but now live in Finland.

Do any of you remember Steve from The Band On The Wall in Manchester? That old boy played his sax in NYC in the 50's. I have great memories of him getting up to guest with great reagae bands at the club wearing his suit and specs. At 5ft 2in he was unstoppable. God bless him.

I no longer play any brass. Had to give me sax back to some hippy who came back from India after 2 years and never had the cash to get a new one. OK. I'm a guitarist. Confessions...

Do any of you use Edirol Orchestral? I love it. Still..

If anyone's doing home recording and you'd like to do something a bit wild, please drop me a mail.

rayner.matt@gmail.com

I'll look in on the forum from time to time and I wish you all a great new year and all that.

Matt

2. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Hi Matt, can't say I share your interests, but :hi to tMP all the same, look forward to your posting. Who knows, one day you may rejoin the mighty, and take up brass playing again! :clap:

3. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

Hi Matt
    What's with the Hello LADS thing?? don't you know that they allow women in brass bands too now!

4. Matt Rayner

Matt Rayner New Member

Sorry Kiz7 (What a lovely name. Do you still speak to your parents? ;-))

Very inconsiderate of me.

Please forgive. :oops:

5. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

Hiya I'm Sophie AKA Sopha :hi to tMP sure you'll see my name around somewhere!
    Glad to have you onboard !
    Have Fun! and happy posting!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007