Hello I'm new!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Amy Cornet, Feb 13, 2008.

1. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

the jury's out brassbandmaestro!

Please all vote now!

2. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Basses best say Aye!

3. Ryan06

Ryan06 Member

Welcome Amy! I too use to play the cornet but finally switched to the real instruments...Baritone and Trombone! :p
    have fun here! :)

4. shawnysheep

shawnysheep New Member

Defo the cornets - the rest are needed but the cornets shine, so don't be part of the rest be part of the best!!

5. fwtimp

fwtimp New Member

Welcome Amy Cornet! This site is the best.

Let's hear it for the horns! I'm glad I play percussion though, so many off beats in those marches. Yikes!

6. huggie

huggie Member

get thi sen on t' orn an get thi sen up ere. Tha'l be or reight cock

7. Cally

Cally New Member

Ames!!! Hiya! Miss you hunni :tongue: but u no the cornets are clerly the best!

8. brassbandmaestro

We better not get this arguement started again, ha ha!! Basses are the best. We are the rock of the band, without us the bands nothing!!!?!?!?!?

9. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

Or so you'd like to think!

10. Cally

Cally New Member

its cornets who the bands need most cleerly!! your wrong ha ha ha

11. COCOPOPS

COCOPOPS New Member

Now then Amy lass, let me put thee straight on a few things as a very experienced northern bandsman.

1. Forget any thoughts about moving to t'North West. It's cold and damp and full of Lancastrians who can't talk proper.

2. Don't let anybody tell you that horns are the best instrument. We have an old saying in Yorkshire..."if tha needs a horn player, get down to local cemetery and dig one up."

3. Cornets are for wimps or Prima Donnas', Euphoniums are for show offs, baritones for them not good enough to play euphonium, and trombones for those that like a good chain saw.

4. Now a bass....that's a proper instrument!

I don't think I've offended too many have I? ;)

12. Cally

Cally New Member

13. brassbandmaestro

Bass players come to this thread. Basses are the best. Like I said we are the rock of the band!!! (ha ha!!)

14. Amy Cornet

Amy Cornet New Member

Hi Cally!
    I think we're right - cornets are the best, but cocopops is right about all the other instruments (apart from bass). I think cornet players are the cleverest for choosing not to carry round anything heavy!

See ya soon hun.

Ames

15. cornydevil

cornydevil Member

Hi Amy

Welcome Amy, and dont listen to all them Yarkshire folk! Lancashire is the place to be, centre of the banding universe!
    I used to agree that it takes great talent to play the cornet...then I discovered the Flugel horn....now there's an instrument!

16. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

Flugel's for people who can't decide whether to play cornet or horn! lol.

17. Hi i'm new, its taken me ages to get on this website and even longer to work out how to use it!!

I dont know how to post a thread so i thought i would just tag on Amy's!

I am also i cornet player, and i also think/know cornets ar ebetter than trombones!